Even though many people’s first impression of TikTok users is that they’re all young – far too young to be thinking about buying or renting homes – this mindset couldn’t be further from the truth.
While it is true that the majority of TikTok users (57%, to be exact) are between the ages of 10 and 29, the largest active demographic of that majority are between the ages of 17 and 29 – the perfect age to begin targeting potential renters and homebuyers.
Now, that leaves the minority 43% of users who are over the age of 30. While it may seem like a low number to begin with, one must remember that 43% of TikTok users amounts to 430,000,000 people. Yes, you read that right! That’s 430,000,000 potential users that could be looking for homes to rent, or buy.
When you break down the numbers like that, NOT using TikTok ads seems like a devastatingly missed marketing opportunity, wouldn’t you think?
Why should you be using TikTok?
TikTok allows its users to see personalized content at a higher rate than any other social media platform due to their specific algorithm on each user’s For You Page (FYP). This allows users to market to their target audiences at higher rates than any other platform, and is exactly why you should jump in as soon as you can!
According to a Nielsen study, TikTok users engage more than any other social media, with an estimated 79% of users reading the comments on the videos they watch, and over 50% say they regularly save sound clips or search through hashtags in a video.
Overall, Tiktok’s algorithm ensures that the majority of users who will be viewing your ads will already show an interest in real estate, home and apartment renting, buying, or selling. Because of this, a Nielsen study conducted by TikTok found that nearly 90% of TikTok users enjoy discovering new content and products while scrolling. As if that’s not enough, over 50% of responders said they have discovered new products through TikTok ads that they directly acted through when purchasing. Over 80% said that TikTok in general – ads or regular content – inspired their purchases.
What content should you include?
Keep up with trends
- Not only will including popular trends increase your chances of winding up on someone’s FYP, it will also engage users far longer than a bland template and content they won’t recognize. This can be as simple as including a trending song, or as involved as including a dance, challenge, or other trending activity in your content. The more relatable your content, the more views, and eventual leads you will receive.
Use trending hashtags
- Real estate TikTok is no new feat, so take advantage of those who came before you and learn what hashtags are trending in the industry. Including hashtags with your content only increases your odds with the algorithm of landing on more users’ FYP.
Keep your content simple and straightforward
- TikTok is not a place where users come to dive deep into intricate content. If their attention is not caught within the first 2-3 seconds, your ad will be skipped without a second thought. Clear, concise messaging and branding is key for TikTok ads, so be sure and get your point across and gain their attention quickly.
See the numbers for yourself
Before you set up your TikTok ad, it’s important to discuss how TikTok ads can result in increased traffic and lead generation for your real estate properties. Let’s take a look at the numbers:
- Real estate listings and ads with video receive 403% more inquiries than those without
- Video advertising results in 300% more traffic for generating new leads in real estate
- 70% of homebuyers and renters watch video tours before signing a lease or mortgage
- Over 36% of homebuyers and renters say they would sign on a home or apartment entirely online, without ever visiting the property
With stats like these, it’s hard to say no to using a platform as popular as TikTok, with over 1 billion active users, to streamline your real estate marketing campaign.
By using your ads to drive traffic to your website or landing page, the conversions will soon follow, resulting in a direct increase in property leads.
For more tips and information about digital and real estate marketing, take a look at the rest of our blogs, right here on our website! You can also subscribe to our email newsletter, or follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!